For a printable version of this schedule click here Full schedule
For a printable entry sheet click here Entry sheet
The Full Schedule for September 1st Garden Festival is as follows:-
Something from the Kitchen?
- Sweet Preserves, Jams, Marmalades, Jellies.
- Anything pickled including Chutneys
Just a biscuit
- Half a dozen Biscuits of your choice.
Let them eat Cake!
4. It can be fruit, sponge, chocolate, Swiss Roll or anything that’s a family favourite.
‘Use your loaf and make some bread
- No machine loaves please. Either white or brown are welcome as well as fancy shape loaves.
Artwork is divided into two sections.
- Painting and drawing in any medium.
This is open to everyone to display their work. Space is at a premium so please limit your entry to two pieces of work, no larger than A2 size. This section is simply a display of work and will not be judged
- A scene of Mere
For those who like a challenge we would like you to create a picture called “A Scene of Mere”. This can be in any medium. Judging will be done by visitors. Rosettes will be awarded for the most admired work.
Home-grown garden produce
We have four categories for entries in this section The Aim is to move away from the rather off putting precision of traditional shows and towards inclusion of more entries especially from novices.
8. Show us your beans! We are not fussy! Runner-Broad-French all are welcome.
9.A trug or basket of mixed home-grown vegetables. It is up to you what goes in the basket the wider the variety the better. Maximum size of container, 35 x 50cms.
10.An inviting platter of salad vegetables from the garden.
11.A display of fruits on a dish.
“Blooming” Good Flowers!
Each of the these sections will be judge separately.
12. A single bloom. Any size and any colour.
13. Floating ﬂowers.
14. For those who are a little ‘potty’ show off‘ your indoor plants.
15. Fuchsia heads.
16. The rose with finest perfume. This will be judged by the public’s noses!
- This is a broad category and includes all wood skills and as well as fabrics. Ceramics and metalworking are also welcome. Please be aware that this is specifically for amateur enthusiasts.
There are 4 titles.
20. Amazing Clouds and Skies
21. Red, White and Blue.
Photographs should be mounted on card no larger than A4 size. Rosettes will be awarded for each category.