September 2019 details will published when available.
Details of 2018 below
You are invited to participate in the 2018 Mere Garden Festival.
Sponsored by Mere Gardening Club, to be held on Saturday 1st September 2018
This year the format has been changed to reduce the number of categories and to open it up everyone whether you are a member of the club or not.
In addition there will be displays and sales from other retailers and organisations as well as a Gardeners Question time panel. Lists of participating organisations and Question Time panel members are below.
Participating organisations so far:-
- Seeds for Success
- Picket Lane Nurseries
- Wiltshire Wildlife Trust
- Thorngrove Garden Centre
- Tony Chubb, Wrought Iron Work
- Geoff Hobson, Bonsai Specialist
Gardeners Question Time Panel to include:-
- Neil Lovesey, from Picket Lane Nurseries
- Nikki Cartwright, from Castle Gardens, Sherborne
- Chris Francis, from Thorngrove Garden Centre
- plus 1 other
Schedules and Registration
The full schedule is listed on a separate page.on this website. Forms will be available from “Sprout and Flowers” and the Mere Library from April. There will be a £2 charge per person which will cover all entries for that person. Unless otherwise stated entries are limited to one per category. Awards, The various categories will be judged and certificates and rosettes will be awarded to outstanding entries
Organisation of the day
The festival will be split between the Grove Building , Church Street and The Lecture Hall, Salisbury Street. In the morning of Sept 1st, all entries should be taken to the relevant venue, during the period from 9am to 11am. All photos and artwork should be taken to the Grove Building and all other entries to the Lecture Hall. The judging of all entries will take place after 11am.
From 2pm both venues will be open to all and will be split as follows:-
- Participating commercial and non-commercial organisations
- Festival photo entries
- Festival Artwork entries
- Gardeners Question Time (3.30pm)
- Teas and cakes.
- Potato Competition weigh-in (2pm to 2.30pm)
- Bring and Buy Sale of any garden related items including plants
- All Festival entries except for Artwork and photos.
The event will close at 5pm